The Benefits of Human Growth Hormone
Dr. Daniel Rudman's groundbreaking research shook the medical world when it appeared in the prestigious "New England Journal of Medicine" in 1990.
In Dr. Rudman's study the 12 men between the ages of 61 and 80 who took human growth hormone (HGH) saw what appeared to be a reversal of 10 to 20 years of aging effects. The men who took the placebo did not see these anti-aging benefits.
We know that the adult body's supply of human growth hormone decreases with age. Dr Rudman's clinical research proved that by increasing our supply of human growth hormone back to a younger, more healthy level we can reverse many of the effects of aging as well as improve our health and fitness.
Increasing HGH in the aging body back to a younger, more healthy level has been shown to provide these benefits:
- Increase energy and stamina
- Improve deep, restful sleep
- Build muscle and strength, improve fitness
- Decrease fat, aid in weight loss
- Sharpen thinking and improve memory
- Improve mood and sense of well being
- Improve the senses, including eyesight
- Decrease and balance cholesterol levels
- Strengthen the immune system
- Accelerate healing
- Improve bone density
- Strengthen the cardiovascular system
- Regrow organs and improve organ function
- Improve other hormones
- Improve libido and sexual function
- Improve PMS and menopausal symptoms
- Change hair back to youthful color
- Improve and increase growth of hair and nails
- Smooth out and decrease wrinkles
- Lower blood pressure
- Decrease wasting in AIDS patients
- Improve diabetic situation
- Improve fibromyalgia
- Improve hypothyroidism
- Improve other health conditions, and more!
|Benefits of HGH
Preserves the elasticity and texture of the skin and reduces wrinkles. Skin aging and wrinkles show due to the thinning of the skin due to the epidermal cells withering away with age. HGH supplements canreplenish the epidermal cells of the skin and reverse aging signs on the skin.
Various studies have shown that HGH can reduce hair fall and even restore the original hair color in a lot of cases. Many have reported better quality of hair.
Almost all HGH agents have fat burning properties but it has to be supplemented with some form of exercise, else HGH supplements don’t work. In a study made by the Stanford medical institute it was proved beyond doubt that HGH releasing agents can reduce body fat and promote lean body mass.
In a study in London’s Thomas hospital it was noted that out of 24 adults with HGH deficiency, the patient group who were administered HGH exhibited 12 pounds of greater lean body mass and 12.5 pounds lesser fat.
In another survey conducted by Dr Rudman, it was noticed that in elderly patients aged between 60 and 81 the HGH administered group showed 9% greater lean body mass and as much as 14% lesser body fat. Further it was noticed that there was an increase in the bone density of the lumbar spine by 1.56% while the spleen and liver grew by 18%..
Improves Stamina and muscle building:
It has shown to improve stamina although its muscle building properties are still in question without an adequate strength training program.
Improves Cholesterol Profiles and Cardiac Function HGH has shown to improve the cholesterol profiles and cardiac function in HGH deficient patients. Research has shown that in HGH deficient patients the introduction of HGH lead to the optimal thickness of the left ventricular wall that considerably enhanced the ability of the heart to pump blood. It has also shown to improve lipid profiles, raise HDL and lower LDL thereby improving the quality of life.
Maintains Optimum Blood Pressure HGH is known to improve the lung and cardiac function and hence produces a positive affect in maintaining optimum blood pressure levels. The decreased blood pressure levels noticed in GHG administered patients could be the direct result of lesser body fat and greater lean body mass.
Reduces Susceptibility to TYPE II Adult Onset Diabetes and improves Insulin sensitivity Diabetes affects a large population all over the world. Obesity and inadequate lean body mass are known to be one of the proven causes of diabetes HGH fights body fat and improves blood circulation and endurance thereby reducing the chances to contract diabetes.
Further some people exhibit resistance to the naturally occurring insulin in the body. HGH supplements is known to improve insulin sensitivity in Type 2 adult onset diabetes and reduce their dependence on insulin injections.
Improves Sexual Performance and Libido
HGH plays an important role in the sexual potency and desire levels. Declining HGH can result in decreased sexual performance. Men and women using HGH supplements have reported better sexual function and libido improvement.
Increased Endurance, Stamina and Better Sports Performance.
Better endurance, strength and increased stamina is something one should notice within 2 months. Better blood circulation, improved lung and cardiac performance and higher bone density could be the reasons for the improved endurance Athletes and sportsmen will notice increased stamina that will allow them to practice their skills better. Resistance to injuries is another positive effect. Please note that injectable HGH is banned in amateur and professional sports. However many natural HGH supplements are not banned.
Children’s supplement: HGH supplements can be given to children with HGH deficiency. HGH agents will help them grow normally.
HGH Benefits ? Doctor Opinions
The following are excerpts taken from Dr Klatz’s book who is world renowned HGH researcher and the author of several prominent books on Human Growth Hormone Research. Dr. Klatz is the President of the American Academy of Anti-aging Medicine.
HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE (HGH)
written by Jerry Emanuelson Latest revision:? December 16, 2010
The average person thinks of the damage of aging as an inevitable process of wear and tear.?? However, if wear and tear were the primary cause of aging in humans, a 60 year-old should have only twice the signs of aging as a 30 year-old.
Why do most 30-year-olds show few effects of aging, while the effects of aging are so obvious in a 60 year-old person??? If wear and tear were the major cause of aging, a 90-year-old person would only have 3 times as much aging damage as a 30-year-old.
At the age of 30, people have spent most of their lives with fairly high levels of human growth hormone (HGH).?? HGH is responsible for growth during childhood?-- and for the repair and regeneration of human tissue throughout our lives.?? By the time we reach the age of 30, our HGH levels are only about 20 percent of their peak levels during childhood, and after the age of 30, they continue to decline at about 12 to 15 percent per decade, and often much more.?? By the time most of us are 30 years old, our bodies no longer produce enough HGH to repair all of the damage that is occurring in our bodies.?? As our HGH levels continue to decline, the damage that we call aging continues to accelerate.
The decline in HGH is not the only cause of the manifestations of aging.?? Even if our HGH levels remained at the level of a 25 year-old, we would continue to experience the effects of aging, but those effects would be greatly reduced until we reached a very advanced age.?? HGH does not affect the root cause of aging, as measured by maximum lifespan, but it can certainly affect many of the manifestations of aging.
By increasing the levels of HGH in our bodies, we can slow, or even reverse, many of the manifestations of aging.?? It must be done carefully, though, and under medical supervision.?? Ideally, this HGH replacement should begin at about the age of 30 years, but HGH replacement can be beneficial at any age above 30.?? In fact, for older people, HGH therapy can reverse the manifestations of aging by 5 to 15 years or more.?? There is no other single therapy currently available that can have the impact on the aging body that HGH can have.
What HGH therapy can do:
- Reduce excess body fat, especially abdominal fat.? (The reduction of abdominal fat is the single most profound effect of HGH replacement in many people.)
- Increase muscle mass (and physical strength if combined with moderate exercise).
- Reduce wrinkling of the skin and some other effects of skin aging.
- Re-grow certain internal organs that have atrophied with age.
- Increase bone density.
- Strengthen the immune system.
- Reverse cognitive decline.
- Stimulate production of the bone marrow cells that produce red blood cells.
- Reduce the probability that you will spend the last years of your life in a nursing home.
- HGH slows the progression of cardiovascular disease, and reduces the risk of death from cardiovascular disease, in individuals with natural growth hormone levels that are below average for the age of the individual.? HGH can also slow the progression of cardiovascular disease by improving one's cholesterol profile.? There is increasing evidence over the past year or two that maintaining healthy growth hormone levels results in a stronger heart.? Individuals with low growth hormone levels have an overall increased risk of death due to cardiovascular disease.? Low growth hormone levels cause a particularly large increase in the risk of stroke as compared with individuals receiving growth hormone replacement.
The Benefits of HGH Products?
7/10/2008 3:39:24 PM
HGH actually has many benefits. People who use HGH products report increased energy and endurance. Research also shows that HGH products may lower blood pressure, improve cardiovascular health, boost bone density, reverse the signs of skin aging and help stop people from developing type two diabetes.
Nevertheless, HGH products have garnered a lot of bad press. If you are worried about HGH side effects there are several things you can do to help your body synthesize more human growth hormone naturally. Human growth hormone is a secreted by a glad in the brain called the anterior pituitary. If you want your anterior pituitary gland to produce more HGH you should ensure you get enough sleep, avoid stress and work out regularly. You can also amend your diet to coax your body into making more of the stuff. Eat several small meals per day. Avoid eating sugary foods whenever possible. Eat fish, chicken or another high protein food a couple of hours before you work out. Ensure that you never eat a heavy meal directly before you go to bed.
If you follow the above guidelines your anterior pituitary gland should produce more human growth hormone, and you will start noticing the difference to your overall health.
Now do you understand why we start having problems when we getting old ?
The secretion of this hormone starts reducing by the time we are in our 30′s and as we grow older, the pituitary gland produces lesser and lesser of this most important hormone.
The level of secretion is highest in our early childhood. It peaks during puberty when there is a growth spurt.
The levels of secretion continue to decline throughout our adult life. This?decrease
in the levels of HGH is what may cause us to look old, have problems like diabetes, depression, loss of energy, loss of muscle mass and every other problem associated with aging.
I know what is going on in your mind, that increasing the HGH levels in the body will make you look young and feel healthy again.
If we go by theory, HGH is the miracle that brings back your youth. Is it the fountain of youth that we humans were waiting for, for thousands of years?
Just imagine, all the wrinkles gone and the spring is back in your step, not to mention the fatless body, and the exuberance of mind.
In the market today, there are several options available to induce HGH into your body.
There are the HGH injections, oral sprays, natural supplements, that claim to increase the HGH levels in your body.
Let me give you an understanding of how these methods work.
The HGH Injection? HGH injections are a synthetic substance injected into your body. These injections are typically taken two or three times a day and are very expensive. A single injection may cost as high as $25.
You would end up spending as much as $75 per day. So, using that for 30 days will take your expenditure up to above $2000 per month. These are prescription medications that are not available over-the-counter. Insurance companies don’t cover the cost of these drugs.
Since this lab produced HGH injections are synthetic, I don’t need to tell you that there could be side effects associated with this, just as they are with anything that is synthetic. So, expenses and side effects don’t make this a viable alternative.
HGH Oral Sprays? Scientifically, there is no proof that these sprays work. Growth hormone according to studies does not have the capability of passing through the membranes of the mouth. I guess, this makes it another option less for you to look at.
Natural HGH Releasers- Studies have shown that this method is indeed effective in increasing the levels of HGH in our bodies. These are very much like the vitamins and are taken in tablet form. They need to be taken just before going to bed, as the pituitary gland is most active during sleep.
These are claimed to be?100% natural with no synthetic substances, as they are made from a combination of herbs. These herbs activate the pituitary gland and in turn the pituitary gland produces more HGH.
FDA-approved uses for HGH?
HGH Deficiency in Children Growth hormone deficiency
is treated by replacing GH. All GH prescribed in North America, Europe, and most of the rest of the world is a human GH, manufactured by recombinant DNA technology
. As GH is a large peptide molecule, it must be injected into subcutaneous tissue or muscle to get it into the blood. Nearly painless insulin syringes
make this less trying than is usually anticipated, but perceived discomfort is a subjective value.
When a person has had a long-standing deficiency of GH, benefits of treatment are often obvious[citation needed
], and side-effects of treatment are rare. When treated with GH, a deficient child will begin to grow faster within months. Other benefits may be noticed, such as increased strength, progress in motor development
, and reduction of body fat
. Side-effects of this type of physiologic replacement are quite rare. Known risks and unsettled issues are discussed below, but GH-deficient children receiving replacement doses are at the lowest risk for problems[citation needed
Still, costs of treatment in terms of money, effort, and perhaps quality of life
are substantial. Treatment of children usually involves daily injections of growth hormone, usually for as long as the child is growing. Lifelong continuation may be recommended for those most severely deficient as adults. Most pediatric endocrinologists
monitor growth and adjust dose every 3?4 months. Assessing the psychological value of treatment is difficult, but most children and families are enthusiastic once the physical benefits begin to be seen. Treatment costs vary by country and by size of child, but $US 10,000 to 30,000 a year is common.
Little except the cost of treating severely deficient children is controversial, and most children with severe growth hormone deficiency in the developed world are offered treatment. Most accept. The story is very different for adult deficiency.[citation needed
] Growth hormone deficiency in Adults GH replacement therapy can provide a number of measurable benefits to severely GH-deficient
adults. These include improved bone density
mass, decrease of adipose tissue
, faster hair and nail growth, strengthend immune system, increased circulatory system, and improved blood lipid
levels. Long term mortality benefit has not yet been demonstrated.
GH for severe adult deficiency is usually prescribed as daily injections at a weekly dose about 25% of children's doses and comparably lower cost. Despite the potential benefits, most adults with GH deficiency are not being treated due to a combination of factors such as unwillingness of some adults to seek medical care, unacceptability of injections, inadequate insurance coverage, and significantly lower rates of diagnosis and treatment offered by internist endocrinologists
] Other FDA-approved uses for HGH As of 2004, GH has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
for treatment of five other conditions in children and one other indication in adults:
- In adults, wasting (or Cachexia) caused by AIDS.
- Turner syndrome epitomizes the response of non-deficient shortness. At doses 20% higher than those used in GH deficiency, growth accelerates. With several years of treatment the median gain in adult height is about 2?3 in (5.1?7.6 cm) on this dose. The gains appear to be dose-dependent. It has been used successfully in toddlers with Turner syndrome, as well as in older girls.
- Chronic renal failure results in many problems, including growth failure. GH treatment for several years both before and after transplantation may prevent further deceleration of growth and may narrow the height deficit, though even with treatment net adult height loss may be about 4?in (10 cm).
- Prader-Willi syndrome, a generally non-hereditary genetic condition, is a case where GH is prescribed for benefits in addition to height. GH is now standard care for children with PWS in the United States, when prescribed with appropriate precautions by an experienced endocrinologist. GH can help children with PWS in height, weight, body mass, strength, and agility.. Reports have indicated increase of growth rate (especially in the first year of treatment) and a variety of other positive effects, including improved body composition (higher muscle mass, lower fat mass); improved weight management; increased energy and physical activity; improved strength, agility, and endurance; and improved respiratory function. The Prader-Willi Syndrome Association (USA) recommends that a sleep study be conducted before initiating GH treatment in a child with PWS. At this time there is no direct evidence of a causative link between growth hormone and the respiratory problems seen in PWS (among both those receiving and those not receiving GH treatment), including sudden death. A follow-up sleep study after one year of GH treatment may also be indicated. GH (specifically Pfizer's version, Genotropin) is the only treatment that has received an FDA indication for children with PWS. The FDA indication only applies to children.
- Children short because of intrauterine growth retardation are small for gestational age at birth for a variety of reasons. If early catch-up growth does not occur and their heights remain below the third percentile by 2 or 3 years of age, adult height is likely to be similarly low. High-dose GH treatment has been shown to accelerate growth, but data on long term benefits and risks are limited.
- Idiopathic short stature (ISS) is one of the most controversial indications for GH as pediatric endocrinologists do not agree on its definition, diagnostic criteria, or limits. The term has been applied to children with severe unexplained shortness that will result in an adult height below the 3rd percentile. In the late 1990s, the pharmaceutical manufacturer Eli Lilly and Company sponsored trials of Humatrope (their brand of rHGH) in children with extreme ISS, those at least 2.25 standard deviations below mean (in the lowest 1.2 percent of the population). These boys and girls appeared to be headed toward heights of less than 63" (160?cm) and 59" (150?cm) respectively. They were treated for about 4 years and gained 1.5?3 in (3.8?7.6 cm) in adult height. Controversy has arisen as to whether all of these children were truly "short normal" children, since the average IGF1 was low. It was not surprising that approval for this extreme degree of shortness led to an increase in the number of parents seeking treatment to make otherwise healthy children a little taller.